Aerofoil 1.5.1 (64 and 32 bit builds available)
Aerofoil is a quick software application that allows you to power down Windows Aero graphics with the touch of a control button, and that is excellent for video gaming and notebook software programs as well. Aerofoil also allows you to set power plans for mobile devices, Aerofoil help make battery power last that bit extra time.
Aerofoil is one more application that can facilitate lengthen Windows Vista notebook battery power life by disabling Windows Aero and the Windows Sidebar.
It’s a well-known basic fact that it’s possible to lengthen the battery life of notebooks by disabling attributes that are unnecessary. Can easily for case be hardware devices such as modems, Bluetooth and WiFi. There isn’t surely a benefit of having these enabled when they are not used actually on the notebook. We have covered applications like Vista Battery Saver before which turn of software components in Vista as well which can not only increase the battery life of the battery but also speed up Vista.
Aerofoil will never depend on the Microsoft .net Framework on the different hand and that is possibly an important factor. The computer memory footprint of Aerofoil is therefor a lot more compact than that of another application. Furthermore, Aerofoil will not need that any Microsoft .Net Framework version is installed on the laptop to function at all.
Aerofoil will be selected to run at startup. Aerofoil will place a icon within the system tray that can be utilized to easily access the available options found above. It’s most likely a excellent idea to own this or one of the other tools working on Vista notebooks that run on battery.
Aerofoil has been updated lately. It now supports both Windows Vista and Windows 7. The program’s feature set has also been extended with the more recent updates. In particular, it can be used for the following purposes:
- Disable Aero Glass manually
- Manage the Windows Aero user interface
- Manage power plans of the operating system
- Manage the sidebar of Windows Vista
- Enable a quick hibernate button.
Aerofoil extends Vista and Windows 7 notebook battery life by:
- Allowing you to manually disable Aero Glass.
- Optionally managing Aero Glass user interface.
- Optionally managing sound muting.
- Optionally managing your chosen power plans.
- Optionally managing Windows Sidebar.
- Optionally showing a quick hibernate button.
- Changing icon colour to show whether on battery or AC.
Aerofoil benefits over earlier versions and similar software:
- Much more efficient – Aerofoil is 100% unmanaged C++ (no .Net Framework!).
- Available in both 64 bit (x64) and regular 32 bit (x86) builds.
- Much smaller memory use (about 25%-30% of the size of similar software).
- Unlike other applications, Aerofoil doesn’t poll battery level continuously allowing the CPU save power by being idle more often.
- No configuration file – everything is customised with the installer.
- Open source and free – no expiry date, adware, spyware or malware, download and compile it for yourself if you prefer*!
Aerofoil is 100% Freeware.
Downloads Aerofoil :