FreeRapid Downloader 0.86 Open Source Software
FreeRapid Downloader is a fairly easy to use Java downloader that can handle grabbing from Rapidshare and other file-sharing services.
Just copy and paste your links from a web browser to this software. FreeRapid Downloader will handle the rest itself. Forget about clicking or uncomfortable waiting.
FreeRapid Downloader Features
- FreeRapid Downloader support for concurrent grabbing from many different services
- Downloading by applying proxy list
- FreeRapid Downloader support for streamed videos
- Download history
- Smart clipboard monitoring
- Automatic checking for file’s existence on server
- Auto shutdown options
- Automatic plugins updates
- Simple CAPTCHA recognition
- FreeRapid Downloader works on MS Windows (all, include Win7), Linux and MacOS
- FreeRapid Downloader is easy to use
- Multilanguage user interface English, Czech, Finnish, Portugal, Simplified Chinese (additional languages will come soon). Information for
- Translators is here.
- FreeRapid Downloader looks great
- FreeRapid Downloader greater than 230 supported sites!
- FreeRapid Downloader can easily works! more over 2 000 000 users can confirm that.
FreeRapid Downloader Recommended configuration:
- Windows 2000/XP/Vista/7/Linux(core 2. 4)* or higher operating-system
- Pentium 800MHz processor
- min 1024×768 screen resolution
- 40 MB of free RAM
- 10 MB free disk space
- Java 2 Platform – version no less than 1. 6 (Java SE 6 Runtime) installed
FreeRapid Downloader Free Software requires at least Sun Java 6. 0 to start (JRE 6) – No GCJ or OpenJDK is supported at this time.
Linux Debian like users can use this command to intall Java:
sudo apt-get install sun-java6-jre.
How to run FreeRapid Downloader
FreeRapid Downloader Installation Instructions
Unzip files to any of your directory, but beware special characters (like ‘+’ or ‘!’) on the path.
If you make an upgrade to higher version, you can delete previous folder. All user settings are preserved. All user settings are saved in home directories:
MS Windows: c:Documents and SettingsYOUR_USER_NAMEapplication dataVitySoftFRD
DO NOT copy new version over older one.
Windows Simply launch frd.exe or double click on frd.jar
Linux Run command ./frd.sh (as first put correct executable rights on this file )
All platforms Run command java -jar frd.jar
additional parameters for launching are:
java -jar frd.jar [-h -v -d -D<property>=<value>]
-h (–help,-?) print this message
-v (–version) print the version information and exit
-d (–debug) print debugging information
-r (–reset) reset user properties to default values
-m (–minim) minimize main window on start
-Dproperty=value Passes properties and values to the application (mostly for debug or testing purposes)
-p (–portable) configuration files will be stored in the ‘config’ folder, all file paths will be saved relatively to FRD folder (if possible) – useful for USB FLASH drives
If value of option -D is set ‘default’ (without ‘) default value will be used.
Example – running application in debug mode:
Windows OS: frd.exe –debug
Linux/MacOS: java -jar frd.jar –debug
FreeRapid Downloader 0.86 main changes
- Fixed Java 7 compatibility issues
- Support for preventing standby while downloading
- Support for new search engine – http://wuploadsearch.com
- Quiet Mode – don’t let captcha dialogs bother you anymore while watching videos!
- Support for using system recycle bin for deleting files
- Speed up startup time
- Other bugfixes and solved problems
FreeRapid Downloader is free software and the source code is open under GNU GPL license.
Downloads: FreeRapid Downloader